About Augustine's Brothers
Founded in 2011, Augustine's Brothers was formed in response to the need for a Catholic-centered men's accountability group for those struggling with maintaining chastity and seeking support to grow purity.
Augustine’s Brothers is a support / accountability group for men who struggle with pornography as well as other excessive sexual behaviors. Many men try to break themselves of this habit/addiction alone and fail time after time. This is something that cannot be done alone. The chains of bad habits and addiction are heavy but with God’s grace and the support of other men who understand the struggle, you can break the chains! YOU ARE NOT ALONE. You can find the freedom and peace to become the man God created you to be.
Success, healing and restoration have been borne through these 5 Action Items
1) FILTERS: Place filters & accountability software on ALL internet ready devices (see filters page under More)
2) ACCOUNTABILITY, through daily calls with a fellow brother (see acountability under More)
3) SACRAMENTS & PRAYER: Frequent the sacraments and pray the Prayers of The Angelic Warfare Confraternity (see Prayers under More)
4) MEETINGS: Commit to a weekly suppot meeting (Augustine's Brothers or Celebrate Recovery Step Group or SA / Sexaholics Anonymous)
5) SACRIFICE: Make a weekly offering of prayer and reparation for our own soul and those we have also used or harmed in our addiction. (Examples: fasting on a regular selected day, fasting from meat on a selected day or every Friday, a weekly holy hour of reparation, fasting from a dessert, sugar in coffee, and other acts of holy mortification, etc)
Augustine’s Brothers is for men desiring spiritual growth and support in fostering a life of greater purity/chastity according to one’s state in life. This group is ideal if you simply struggle with the barrage of our hyper-sexual culture or if you find yourself struggling at a deeper level with porn or other sexually addictive behaviors. Through confidentiality and accountability, prayer, spiritual study, fellowship, and the Sacraments, we are able to become the Godly men we long to be. Lives are being changed, healed and restored through this ministry. Come visit us and see for yourself.
Check out our TAKE ACTION page to discover chapters in the Diocese of ARLINGTON, VA.
Are you interested in being a coordinator for an exisiting or new chapter, please email us at email@example.com.